One of the key elements of an Agile / Lean culture is Kaizen or Continuous Improvement: a constant search for a better way through waste removal, maximizing customer value, reducing time to market and improving the organization’s potential.
A typical example of Kaizen practice are quality reviews or, on Agile Teams, retrospectives: periodical meetings to review our performance and spot impediments and improvement areas. But many organizations are stuck in this process, constantly listing the same impediments and finding out that, month after month, the process remains the same and there are no evident signs of improvement.
Agile Kaizen presents all the enablers of a Kaizen culture, as well as the main Kaizen impediments. It also represents Kaizen from several improvement perspectives: better process, better products and better teams.
Agile Kaizen introduces several hints, tools and practices to perform not just better retrospectives, but several other kinds of Kaizen events. We will show you how to assess your current state, define your improvement goals, define and execute an improvement plan, involve everyone in continuous improvement, design better and more successful products, spot impediments, analyze root causes and steer your team towards your goal.
Workshop is 50% hands-on based, with several exercises designed to let participants learn from each other’s perspectives and experiences and help you apply this concepts, tools and practices to your specific environment after the course.
• Understanding Kaizen Culture enablers and impediments
• Knowing the different leverage points to define and improve your corporate culture
• Understanding change dynamics and how to make change happen in any organization
• Reviewing different kind of Kaizen events, not just retrospectives
• Improving your retrospectives with a ten-step process to ensure effective plans and improvement results
• Selecting and prioritizing improvement areas
• Finding root causes and actionable items
• Following up your improvement plans
• Using solution-focused retrospectives
• Improving your people
• Improving team work
• Dealing with conflict and reaching consensus
• Defining value from the customer perspective
• Understanding and improving your unique value stream
• Detecting and dealing with bottlenecks
• Conducting root cause analysis to eliminate waste at your process
• Defining an impelling vision for your products and projects
• Using feedback loops and collaborating with your customers to reach better products
• Defining adequate metrics to measure product success
Agile Kaizen workshop is specially recommended for Managers, team leaders, ScrumMasters, Agile coaches / evangelists, consultants, entrepreneurs, Quality Assurance, change agents, agile team members and anyone interested in making change happen and improving their organizations.
Included With Price
• Cost of two-day training
• Training materials
• Lunches and coffee breaks
About The Trainer
Angel Medinilla has over 15 years working experience in the ICT market. On 2007 he started his own Agile Consulting firm. Today, Proyectalis is considered the leading Agile consulting and coaching company in Spain, offering Agile training, consulting and implementation services to a wide spectrum of software, telco and internet local and worlwide companies. Customers include Ericsson, Vodafone, Electronic Arts, EADS, Abengoa, Odigeo, Auchan, Tui Travel, Schibsted, Thomson Reuters and many more.
He is a Management 3.0 Licensed Trainer and a member of both the Scrum Alliance and the Agile Alliance. He is also a well known member of the Spanish Agile community and co-founder of Agile Spain.
He is the author of “Agile Management – Leadership in an Agile Envoirment”, “Agile Kaizen – Continuous Improvement Far Beyond Retrospectives” and also contributed to Beyond Agile: Stories of Agile Transformations.
To learn more about Agile Kaizen, visit http://www.proyectalis.com/AgileKaizen/
Registration for this workshop is not yet open.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed about new and upcoming workshops.
TrainerÁngel Medinilla, @angel_m